On 3 December Pushkino community centre hosted a spectacular gala concert as part of the 3rd International Festival “Crossing the Time”. Head of the local Social Policy Department I. Poluyanova along with the festival’s mastermind Andrey Ivanov welcomed the town residents at this incredible music event.
The gala concert featured:
- The festival’s masterminds, leaders of MRP’s Centre for Ethnic Music Development Andrey (double bass) and Mikhail (piano) Ivanov
- Honored Artist of Tatarstan Republic, winner of prestigious awards as performer and composer Aidar Gainullin (bayan)
- Chamber orchestra “Instrumental Capella”
- Artists of MRP’s State Choir
- Sergey Shamov (percussions)
Vyacheslav Valeyev was conducting.
Mikhail Ivanov’s work “Along the River Bank” premiered with the choir, and Anastasia Shugalei band performed folk song “Tears Streamed Down From My Eyes”.Award winners of children’s contest, students of local music schools, also partook in the event: Anna Kulikova (piano), Sophia Artyomova (piano), Tikhon Moskalyov (flute), and Aliya Sultanova (tuba). The children’s contest as part of the festival culminated on 1 December.
The audience responded with long, intense applause.
Art Likor jazz club hosted the closing concerts: on 3 December Mr. Gainullin and Euphoria ensemble put on a performance, and on 4 December Ivanov brothers presented “Jazz Rendezvous” that had won recognition at Montreux Jazz Festival.