Artistic director – Daria Volynskaya
The ensemble preserves and evolves traditional folk culture, presenting an original synthesis of choreography, instrumental, and vocal music. The orchestra has got an original sounding provided by the leading instruments: ringing and keyboard gusli, balalaika, domra, various percussions, zhaleykas, horns, bells. Each of the orchestra's musicians is a soloist.
The ensemble founded in 1991 by musician Mikhail Sery. In 1992 a dance troupe was formed headed by Honored Artist of Russia, leading ballet master Yuri Chivilgin. In 2002 Sadko acquired the status of a state ensemble.
Touring geography: Germany, Greece, Japan, the USA, South Korea.
Participated in festivals:
• 15th Russian national festival of folk art "Orenburg Woolen Shawl" (Orenburg city).
• Regional festival of folk music and crafts "On the Murom Road" (Murom city).
• 1st International festival of Slavic art "Russian Field" (Moscow).
• Opening of Russian exposition at the 67th International technical fair (Plovdiv, Bulgaria).
• Folk songs.
• Works by contemporary composers.
• Orchestra pieces.
• Solo for winds, gusli, domra, balalaika, accordion, and percussions with orchestra.
• Solo vocal pieces.
• Dance pieces.
• Musical and drama interactive fairy tale for children "Sadko the Rich Guest".
Daria Volynskaya – Artistic director
Vyacheslav Valeyev – Conductor, award winner of international competitions
Lyudmila Alyanchikova – Ballet master