"Oleg's playing conveys the romantic spiritual origin of his distinctive artistic nature and the remarkable earnesty of performing."
People's Artist of Russia, conductor,
founder of Novaya Opera theatre
Oleg Kalagurov - pianist, conductor.
Graduated with distinction from leading Russian music institutions:
• Secondary music school at Urals Mussorgsky State Conservatory;
• Academic Music College at Moscow Tchaikovsky State Conservatory;
• Moscow Tchaikovsky State Conservatory.
Took classes of People's Artists of Russia Yevgeny Malinin, Viktor Merzhanov, Yuri Slesarev.
• Scholarship winner in the New Names International charity program of Moscow Culture Foundation, Elina Bystritskaya Foundation
• Winner of President's Scholarship
• Winner of the 3rd award in Young Talents of Russia competition (Moscow)
• Winner of the 1st award and the special prize For excellence in performing works by Bach in International Stravinsky Competition (the USA)
• Winner of the special prize and certificate granted by the Russian Academy of Art Studies and Performing For excellence in performing Rachmaninoff's concerts at International Festival of Soloists
• Winner of the "Angelic Voice of Russia" award at International Art Festival "Russia's Sacred Heritage" under the auspices of the Russian Orthodox Church
• Winner of Grand Prix at the 3rd Moscow Vdokhnoveniye (Inspiration) Festival
Touring geography: New York, Chicago, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Sochi, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Chelyabinsk, Moscow, Khanty-Mansiysk, Kislovodsk, Novosibirsk, Havana, Santiago de Chile, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Kristianstad. Performed on Chicago TV, on NTV channel, on air of the Ekho Moskvy radio, Narodnoye radio, International Radio.
The repertoire includes foreign and Russian music of various styles and genres, such as: masterpieces of world's classics (works by Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff), jazz compositions, contemporary pieces, best examples of popular pieces. The performing is distinguished by technical virtuosity, expressiveness, vibrant artistic images and the diversity of the piano palette.
Collaborated with prominent Russian music ensembles, including Russian National Orchestra, Tchaikovsky Grand Symphony Orchestra, Russian State Symphony Cinema Orchestra. Participated in various concert and media projects along with celebrated singers: Olga Guryakova, Dinara Aliyeva, Maxim Paster, Larisa Dolina and others. Conductor and artistic leader of "Ya veru" (I Believe) project supported by the Moscow Department for Culture and Imena Production group. Since October 2012 has been MRP's soloist.